How to protect my female ducks from males in spring

You don't happen to have any really bossy female ducks, do you? One of my female Rouens is a very dominant duck. When I had a dominant drake, she backed off and got submissive, although she wouldn't let him mate her. But when I got rid of him, she took charge again. She will sometimes even chase off the drake I do have, when he tries to mate with the other females. And he knows better than to try to mate with her, she won't allow it.

I have a Dominant Hen that follows my Dominant Drake.....She is a bit bossy but only with my Call Duck Drake.....She waits for the other Hens and is never mean.....Possibly in spring she will accept the other Drake......

Good luck....Love those Ducks!

Cheers!

All my females are pretty mellow. When my drake was living inside late last spring other males would harrass the hens. I ended up having to lock them up most of the season.
hmm.png
I dont want to lock them up again this year cause they also get locked up durring the winter due to the snow. There coup is very large but obviously they would rather be out

Back
Top Bottom