How to RAISE a good rooster.

Pics
I spend a lot of time with my roosters, I am a cuddler, not all day but once a day. roosters are all diff. I am raising some from a meyer's hatchery fry pan 14 week old. (They are not my first roosters I ever had, and all my roosters have been good.)I have 6 left, 2 welsummer, 2 australorp, 1 SLW, and a BO. Of these boys... I don't chase the them around or try and cuddle, they don't try and jump me or anything. The BO is the only one who comes up, he just quietly walks up and knows I will scratch his chest. or cuddle him for a minute or 2. He doesn't try to run, and with his personality, I don't see him being mean. I would not chose a BO to be the "one" but if you have a good rooster keep him. He is a good find. And if he is nice to you, he will be nice to the hens.

I have a gorgeous Giant Partridge rooster. He's just now a year old and very aggressive. I can hear him coming up behind me, I turn around and he starts pecking the ground like "who? Me?" He has hit me several times feet first. Nothing fazes him, he just keeps coming. Hate to do away with him but can't have this. Any suggestions? Thanks very much

I have four roosters right now. Each one of them have different personalities. Red, which I raised in the house, is very sweet, comes to me like a little puppy and snuggles. Not a very good watch chicken for hawks. Pepper, which had a mother hen raise him in the coop, he is sweet don't come to me but isn't mean. Not nice to Red and gets beat up by Rusty. Prefers the white hens, but will take any. Not a very good watch chicken, but better then Red. Now Rusty, got raised by a mother hen in the coop, but I brought him in everyday and played with him. He don't like the other roosters but he will tolerate them if he cannot see them. Very sweet to me, comes to me but don't let me pick him up. Very good watch chicken and gathers the hens when it's time for bed. Took is my little man. He wasn't wanted as a little one. The hen that hatched him pecked his little head and I brought him in at an hour old. He really don't know much chicken things. He calls the hens but runs when they come up to him. Follows me around mostly. What I am saying is that it depends on if you baby them and what kind of personality they have. Also the breed, I think. That's just my experience though.
My Golden Sebright rooster had the hawks scared of him. He was a very good rooster. He was friendly to us and to all the hens. He has a lot of offspring ;) . I had to give him away. :hit To many roosters. He even fed the babies that one of his hens hatched out. It was sweet. He would see me and run towards me and jump on me. I miss him.

So I've seen a lot of threads where people are asking for help with already adult, aggressive roosters. I have an approximately 7 1/2 week cockerel, and I really want him to turn out well-behaved. So, rather than wait till he's aggressive, is there a way to keep him from being aggressive ever in the first place? Thanks.

I HAVE TWO SUPER FRIENDLY ROOSTERS ALL YOU NEED IS TO UNDERSTAND THIER PERSONALITY
THEY HAVE VARIETY OF PERSONALITY IN CHICKENS

MY TOOTOO IS LIKE WOULD LIKE TO SIT ON UR LAP
BUT TEETEE IS SHY ROO HE LIKE TO STAY STILL AND BLUSHING LOL

Back
Top Bottom