How to remove embroidery from a wool cooler???

welsummerchicks

Songster
9 Years
Jul 26, 2010
Not wanting to be a walking billboard, I'm trying to remove embroidered letters from a day rug the dealer gave us. I'm trying to slice the threads and pull the short pieces out...I'll be 90 by the time I get it out, LOL...any good ideas?

Last edited:
My saddlebred friend had the same thing, just sit down and go to town with a seam ripper.
hu.gif

Sometimes, working on the reverse side with a seam ripper or thread snips (tiny pair of scissors) and tweezers (forceps?) works better, because you can get hold of the bobbin thread with tweezers and pull it out occasionally, getting a whole bunch of stitches at once. It's still slow going, though!

i think I have a hemostat that's up to the job - that sounds hopeful....it's a whole website address, name, phone, shoe size, mother's maiden name, it's really gastly.

Last edited:
It's a day rug, the fabric is like a cooler but thicker. Yes, it's like having your horse wear a giant sandwich board.

Almost as bad as the way my friend proposed advertising her stallion....

Last edited:
Can you just turn the dang thing inside out? (sign of the fence: Will NOT Be Held Responsible For Accidents Caused By Those Trying To Read SdrawkcaB !)

No, not without redoing all the trim, piping, leather straps, etc. Compared to that, removing the letters looks GOOD! LOL.

Okay, another lame idea.

Cut a big piece of white fabric and stitch it on around the edges, over the lettering. Then paint a generic bar code on it.
tongue.png

Back
Top Bottom