How to sell hatching eggs

Emery Mills

Hatching
Jun 15, 2022
Okay guys! I am new to selling hatching eggs and I am starting to sell some rainbow layers. Is there anything specific that I need to know other than to rotate them every six hours and keep them under a week old?

Obviously don't wash them. Keep them in a dark corner. I find rotating a different end of the box to elevate once a day fine. (You don't have to overwork at every 6 hours).

Write in pencil the day laid so you can keep track. If possible, write the breed of hen/rooster as well (example Cream Legbar/Barnvelder...CL/B).

Avoid treating the laying hens with de-wormer or other meds (which I doubt you are doing).

Make sure your hens are on a good feed with all vitamins and minerals, and obviously healthy.

LofMc

Obviously don't wash them. Keep them in a dark corner. I find rotating a different end of the box to elevate once a day fine. (You don't have to overwork at every 6 hours).

Write in pencil the day laid so you can keep track. If possible, write the breed of hen/rooster as well (example Cream Legbar/Barnvelder...CL/B).

Avoid treating the laying hens with de-wormer or other meds (which I doubt you are doing).

Make sure your hens are on a good feed with all vitamins and minerals, and obviously healthy.

LofMc
Thank you!

Back
Top Bottom