How to spot leg problems in Ducklings??

I am becoming more and more convinced it is Perosis...I certainly would be checking the tendon and work it back in place...before long, surgery may be the only option.

Clint

How do you work it back into place? I've taped the legs to try to ensure she uses both and keep the positioning better. With epson compresses how do I do that?

@Fancychooklady if its a vitamin problem it should be improving so fingers crossed!

How do you work it back into place? I've taped the legs to try to ensure she uses both and keep the positioning better. With epson compresses how do I do that?

@Fancychooklady if its a vitamin problem it should be improving so fingers crossed!
mix the ES and some nice warm water take a small cloth and let it soak in the solutions wring out to moist but not dripping and wrap it around the leg hold in place for as long as it stays warm you can do it as often as you like and I'd massage the tendon like Clint says to see if you can feel it moving back there and maybe if it is a slipped tendon after a nice warm soak it will slip back into place.

I am becoming more and more convinced it is Perosis...I certainly would be checking the tendon and work it back in place...before long, surgery may be the only option.

Clint

You could be right. Either way as the article suggests yeast is a good source of choline. It is also a good source of thiamine B1. I use a teaspoon of vegemite dissolved in a 1/4 of a cup of warm water and pour it on the feed. It would be just as easy to sprinkle brewers yeast on the feed. Many leg issues are related to thiamine deficiency!

I was under the impression the Poultry Nutri Drench had that already in it?

Awesome thanks! We are doing bath time soon then an epson compress then bath time once more before bed.

Back
Top Bottom