How to "spray" DE?

Ellie

Songster
12 Years
Aug 10, 2007
Redding, Ca.
I bought a pump sprayer for powders but it won't budge the de. There is one online I can order but it is $40.00. How do y'all spread or spray it around? I am using my hands and throwing it at this point, but am sure I am being wasteful

thanks,
Ellie

Where are you trying to dust/spray/throw the de??

Try putting it into an old sock, pillowcase or other 'bag' and 'bump the bag where you want the dust.

Be careful when using it on blooming plants..it will also kill good bugs (such as honeybees) as well as bad ones. The honeybees will track it back to the hive and it will kill the larvas.

Quote:
Thanks, but it wasn't mine. Someone had suggested it in a post about DE a couple of months ago when I was getting started with DE. It made sense to me, I am just passing on the knowledge.
caf.gif

Quote:
Thanks, but it wasn't mine. Someone had suggested it in a post about DE a couple of months ago when I was getting started with DE. It made sense to me, I am just passing on the knowledge.
caf.gif

That is what I love about this forum. Everyone is so willing to share their ideas.
smile.png

Quote:
caf.gif

I was gonna recommend that too, we must have read the same post.
wee.gif

This is slightly off-subject, but I recently inquired into having a 50 lb. bag of DE shipped to me, and the shipping costs will be the same amount as the bag of DE! Is this just the way it is? If so, guess I'll have to bite the bullet because I can't seem to find a local supplier of it.

hensdel....., Have you checked with your local (hometown) feedstores? Our's carry it, they usually have it in the spring of the yr.--It might be cheaper than than ordering one bag...Dixe

I, too, use an old flour sifter that I keep in the bag of d.c. I also keep an old plastic measuring cup...a large one. I use the sifter for the coop floor and nests and the cup I use to toss into their dusting spots under the bushes. Sometimes I just use my hands. It is food grade.

Back
Top Bottom