how to stop my chickens from going next door!!!

nicokl502

Songster
9 Years
Nov 3, 2010
Kansas City Mo
so i need to know how to stop my chickens form jumping over my fence?? the can only make it over on one side but can never make it back over and it is very had to get them we live by a woods!! right now it's not to big of a deal because no lives in the house next to us and may never it been for sale for 2yr now and looks bad
sad.png
, but what if someone does buy and hates chickens or has a dog. how do i stop my little gals from jumping???? i am going to put up a wooden fence on that side but just have to save up the money i should have it up by fall but i want the jumping to stop now!!!

Go get some cheap 3ft chicken wire and some wooden stakes and make your existing fence higher. It will only be temporary, untill you get the wood fence.
Jack

Attach some deer fencing to some bamboo poles with zip ties.They usually come in 7 foot tall by 100 foot long rolls.

You could add a little section to the top of your current fence like maybe 10 inches, but on an angle tilting in like at a jail. Don't ask me how I know what jail fencing looks like!
big_smile.png
That way if they may try to fly over, but will see that they can get out. Of course if they get a running start or start from 3 or 4 feet back that won't work. But maybe worth a try.

Clipping their wings is the cheapest and fastest option. The netting over the top of the fence is a good idea also, try posting an ad in your local areas freecycle or craigslist for free netting and see what you can come up with. Good luck!
smile.png

Back
Top Bottom