How To Take Better Photos Of Your Chickens

Pics
Help! why are these pumpkins so orange?
DSC_0057.JPG

Help! why are these pumpkins so orange?
View attachment 2345795
Okay remember back in the day when you used to buy film? You’d buy like 100 for outside and 400 for inside?

those films were matched to color temperatures. Remember when you took an outdoor film and took a picture inside and it was all orange? Now, digital cameras do it for us, and sometimes not so well.

see if you have a color temperature option. Or warmth. Or tone. Playing in there will adjust that. Either adding blue, adding coolness, or adjusting the actual temperature to around 5500.

the orange is already so vibrant a color in real life that when it gets a tint added for the wrong color temperature it can make them appear so over saturated.

Okay remember back in the day when you used to buy film? You’d buy like 100 for outside and 400 for inside?

those films were matched to color temperatures. Remember when you took an outdoor film and took a picture inside and it was all orange? Now, digital cameras do it for us, and sometimes not so well.

see if you have a color temperature option. Or warmth. Or tone. Playing in there will adjust that. Either adding blue, adding coolness, or adjusting the actual temperature to around 5500.

the orange is already so vibrant a color in real life that when it gets a tint added for the wrong color temperature it can make them appear so over saturated.

yellow_bow.gif
bow.gif
You are a wealth of knowledge!
flipped_bow.gif
flipped_yellow_bow.gif

I just had to look it up, lol. She has small udders. It depends on the breed of the cow, but of course she’s purple so, it’s kinda hard to tell what she is. Except delicious, that is certain. Maybe. I do think I remember Milka tadting better when I was a kid in Europe than what is sold in the states now.
Thoughts?
Lol, it’s a heifer, not a cow or a bull. Probably a jersey mix. No bulls don’t have udders obviously, but they all have teats, regardless of gender! Fatter steers will even have “man boobs”, for anyone who wanted to know! :gig

Lol, it’s a heifer, not a cow or a bull. Probably a jersey mix. No bulls don’t have udders obviously, but they all have teats,regardless of gender! Fatter steers will even have “man boobs”, for anyone who wanted to know! :gig
FYI: probably original Swiss braunvieh.
I was in the Alps in Switzerland last summer and this heifer was there in the mountains too. I presume she or any of her grandmothers didn’t travel from overseas to get there.
https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Original_Braunvieh

9E8E530E-86F4-4DBB-9C18-700E61CA3F3A.jpeg

But not all animals we have seen are originally Swiss. ;)
No color ‘adjustment’ this time, only ⅓ cut.

I always thought those numbers were associated more with ISO. You'd need a higher ISO (400) for inside because the lighting is usually much darker, and a lower ISO (100) for outside because usually it's brighter outside? I could totally be wrong though as I didn't do much film photography other than with disposables as a kid, and one class in college. It's totally possible they were also color tinted some since you would generally use one outside, and one inside? Digital has been a thing since I was in junior high at least so I have much more experience with that over film.

Back
Top Bottom