How to tame chickens? (ISA Brown)

Isa Browns are underated bird imo. There pritty awesome very tough, IV always found them to end up on-top of the pecking order. They have there own personality, these like many where the first chickens I had, I had a pair. Now this pair would do everything together from sun rise to sun down.. they seemed like the best of friends, then one of them flopped on her back made a bit of noise and suddenly died.. the other one was right next to her when this happened then the very next day.. the hen that remained also died she walked out onto the road where they normally never went an got hit by a car... It seemed despite what people may say like a suicide. Since then I have looked at chickens differently, as more emotional and intelligent creatures then once perceived. I also remember hearing a story of some kid in the UK I think who had a hen jump up on his bike handled bars at random an the hen never wanted to leave him so he kept it.

The thing about the two hens dying together has been seen in humans before too. Couples that are close have died very close together when one goes and even brothers that I know of too.. it's an interesting phenomenon.

Isa Browns are underated bird imo. There pritty awesome very tough, IV always found them to end up on-top of the pecking order. They have there own personality, these like many where the first chickens I had, I had a pair. Now this pair would do everything together from sun rise to sun down.. they seemed like the best of friends, then one of them flopped on her back made a bit of noise and suddenly died.. the other one was right next to her when this happened then the very next day.. the hen that remained also died she walked out onto the road where they normally never went an got hit by a car... It seemed despite what people may say like a suicide. Since then I have looked at chickens differently, as more emotional and intelligent creatures then once perceived. I also remember hearing a story of some kid in the UK I think who had a hen jump up on his bike handled bars at random an the hen never wanted to leave him so he kept it.

The thing about the two hens dying together has been seen in humans before too. Couples that are close have died very close together when one goes and even brothers that I know of too.. it's an interesting phenomenon.
That's really interesting, sorry about your chickens though :(

Back
Top Bottom