How to Tell a Fertile vs INfertile Egg (Pictures)

Pics
SPECKLED HEN,

HERE IS A POST I THOUGHT U COULD USE IF YOU HADN'T SEEN IT BEFORE.

(Ctrl/Cmd+V)

Ran into a problem. couldn't do what i thought i did. soooo here's another try. I'll just type it in.

PROFESSIONALLY PHOTOGRAPH YOUR CHICKS For under $ 2.00 ( this thread might help remove the glare )

Good luck.

Bob

OK, here's a noob question for ya! I like hard boiled eggs. Since most people probably go ahead and eat the fertile eggs that they cracked to check, is there any way you can still see the "bullseye" in the yolk after the egg has been boiled?

Sorry, after boiling it, there is no way to see the bullseye.

Thanks, Bob, but as long as the glare is not on the bullseye, there isn't an issue. I do remember that thread, though. Did you have trouble seeing the blastoderm plainly on the photos I posted? For instance, in this photo, there is glare, but not on the area that we need to see to assess fertility:

Last edited:
Thanks!
D.gif
The pictures are a BIG help!!

Can you all tell me if this one is fertile or not? I'm thinking yes, but it's not the "classic" fertile so I want to be sure before I send them to a friend. :)

Last edited:
when does eggs become fertile after first time bred. Is the next egg laid fertle or does this take a while ,a few days or weeks?

How long after the egg is laid will the bullseye appear if the egg is fertile?
Will the bullseye still be visible if the eggs have been refrigerated for a couple of days?

Do I need any special light source to see these dots/bullseye or is natural light fine?

Wow just finished readin and I learned a LOT thanks...... now i just need to wait for my hens to start laying again (I let them sit on 12 eggs, six hatched) and are around six weeks old...

Back
Top Bottom