How to Tell If an Egg is Edible?

Have any of you ever opened an egg that was floating, and smelt death? I have... It's disgusting.
Just yesterday I did that!
I wrote an extensive article on this and mentioned a lot of what you cover, I did not want to post a link to the article just the infographic that I created.
I *love* your infographics!

I wrote an extensive article on this and mentioned a lot of what you cover, I did not want to post a link to the article just the infographic that I created. I will try to see ways to determine what would be a good way to indicate the concerns mentioned.
That's the problem with the majority of infographics,
folks don't always read the details that might be alongside them.
'Pretty pictures' get passed on and on, perpetuating misinformation.
Better to have a shorter concise block of text, IMO.

I love good graphics, understand the difficulty of creating them, and it's high quality other than the content.
I too love your screen name, one of my favorite expressions....
....and what I thought when I saw the IG pic. :gig

Thank you all for your feedback

I wrote an extensive article on this and mentioned a lot of what you cover, I did not want to post a link to the article just the infographic that I created. I will try to see ways to determine what would be a good way to indicate the concerns mentioned.

Yes, I do understand that a floating egg may not be bad. However, it's a good indication that it is. The only way to know if an egg is truly bad is to open it.

Have any of you ever opened an egg that was floating, and smelt death? I have... It's disgusting. I would rather chuck a random egg that floats than open one and have to air out my kitchen for a few days. It's your choice, go ahead and crack open a floating egg if it makes you feel better.

@hysop - Thank you :) I love the name too :) hehe.
I thought the quality of your infographic was wonderful! Would it be difficult to add an asterisk (*) and indicate when in doubt, always crack into a separate container for a final check? Or something along those lines? I work in the medical field so wording in order to avoid potential lawsuits/angry folks is my specialty

I got a bunch of floaters, perhaps I will see how many of them are edible!

Now I wanna float test the ones I left on my counter for a month. I completely forgot about them (it’s only a dozen).

I always refrigerate mine because I’ve had bad experiences with leaving my eggs on the counter. My home is not cold it’s usually around 73-74 in the spring and a little higher in the summer since we don’t want the AC running all day. And when it is cold in the winter they don’t lay and I don’t wanna mess with nature by adding light

Back
Top Bottom