How to tell the difference between Runner and Pekin eggs?

Not joking.

This time of year I sprout wheat seeds for them. Sometimes I feed them as sprouts, sometimes I let them green up a little - the ducks seem to appreciate leafy green things this time of year. Lettuce cores are appreciated also (but make sure you don't have any doofus ducks that choke on things - I have watched mine numerous times and they seem to be able to handle lettuce cores responsibly).

It seems to me a little less expensive to sprout things for the ducks - but I still do purchase greens for them sometimes when I am feeling flush.

Not joking. Really. This is how I think….
I've never heard of sprouting wheat seeds. I'll have to look up how to do it. This morning they gave me 1 egg again and got pineapple that was getting too soft in the fridge for my tastes. We'll see if they like pineapple.
smile.png

I've never heard of sprouting wheat seeds. I'll have to look up how to do it. This morning they gave me 1 egg again and got pineapple that was getting too soft in the fridge for my tastes. We'll see if they like pineapple.
smile.png

Have you seen the Ultimate list of treats for ducks? It's in the Stickies section (blue link at top of duck index). I am not sure about pineapple - but many ducks eat fruit - I just am not sure…. Yes, I get a little overprotective. Please bear with me, you are definitely a caring duck keeper.

Have you seen the Ultimate list of treats for ducks? It's in the Stickies section (blue link at top of duck index). I am not sure about pineapple - but many ducks eat fruit - I just am not sure…. Yes, I get a little overprotective. Please bear with me, you are definitely a caring duck keeper.
I'm probably not a fabulous duck keeper since I have my ducks for herding training with my border collie. But I do try.
hmm.png
I'll check out the ultimate list of treats. With my flock I've just given them leftover fruit/veggies and they seem to be quite happy. They loved it when I processed tomatoes from the garden last fall- all the damaged bits ended up in their bowl and red smeared ducks quacked happily all afternoon. I won't even go into the strawberry bed and the black raspberry bushes-- I only have the ducks word that those were tasty. . and now there is a fence up to torture them all summer long.
droolin.gif

Back
Top Bottom