how to tell the sex of a chick

That was a really helpful video! Thank you for posting it :) I'm incubating chicks that are supposed to hatch this Monday and if this video is true it will really help with determining which chick is what gender

The video was very informative...more so on how cruel that process is...I wonder how many chicks are injured during that process? Im glad that my chicks came from a small farm, where they arent treated that way...but on the other hand, I am going to go check my chicks wings to make sure I have all females!

The video was very informative...more so on how cruel that process is...I wonder how many chicks are injured during that process?  Im glad that my chicks came from a small farm, where they arent treated that way...but on the other hand, I am going to go check my chicks wings to make sure I have all females!

I buy my chicks from McMurray Hatchery and I've seen a video of their process, NOTHING like this one and they vent sex instead of wing sex. I'm happy with how the chicks are treated there. They are hand separated from the egg shells instead of run through conveyor belts. I also wonder how many are injured in that process!!

I've seen the one posted and it's very informative. Here's another video of chicks being sexed using both methods. It's off of Dirty Jobs. Not sure Mcmurray is alot gentler though.

I thought that was a neat video! I don't think the process was very cruel - has anyone seen that planet earth episode where the duck nests in the tree, and the babies have to jump from a high up nest?

Pretty sure a chick's little body can withstand going down some chutes and conveyor belts, guys. Also from a business perspective, if there were any significant losses from the process, I think they would have changed by now. Anyhow thanks for sharing that video!

you think the tossing cruel what do you think they do with unwanted males. they go straight to the grinder to make feed. and baby chicks and ducks are tough they are all cartilage and don't weight anything so gravity isn't as dangerous for them a wood duckling can survive a 160+ foot drop from a tree

Back
Top Bottom