How to treat canker with Fishzole powder?

Jose11632

Songster
Sep 7, 2020
Houston, Texas
Got fishzole powder couldn’t find anything else pills where out of stock where they could be found and some pills needed prescriptions, this is the one I bought.

Attachments

• 9AA4BF3E-7BE5-4F66-A007-7DFAB36995EB.png
    9AA4BF3E-7BE5-4F66-A007-7DFAB36995EB.png
    583.1 KB · Views: 12
Let us know how it works. I have this too in my arsenal but never used it. I'm always willing to experiment rather than cull. Sorry wish I knew more.

Let us know how it works. I have this too in my arsenal but never used it. I'm always willing to experiment rather than cull. Sorry wish I knew more.
Yeah don’t want to kill them either most of the flock is infected so there’s no need even my other has some so doesn’t matter if their carriers since this is my only flock I’ll keep

Well I'm no expert but I would try one pill in maybe 4 cups of water. I'd just syringe a few needles full 3 times a day and hope for the best. You could also try yougart... I just treated a sick chicken with meds in yougart. It was easy to get in her mouth and sticky with the blunt needle. I'm always afraid I will aphixiate them with water..

Well I'm no expert but I would try one pill in maybe 4 cups of water. I'd just syringe a few needles full 3 times a day and hope for the best. You could also try yougart... I just treated a sick chicken with meds in yougart. It was easy to get in her mouth and sticky with the blunt needle. I'm always afraid I will aphixiate them with water..
Thing is it’s the powdered version since it was the only one I could find for her

Thing is it’s the powdered version since it was the only one I could find for her
Found this elsewhere...Successful treatments include metronidazole (60 mg/kg body wt), a kg is about two pounds. . I also saw pretty aggressive amounts for reptiles.

Found this elsewhere...Successful treatments include metronidazole (60 mg/kg body wt), a kg is about two pounds. . I also saw pretty aggressive amounts for reptiles.
5 chickens in coop about 27 pounds and 4 others in another coop 19 pounds. Each pack is 500 mg for 20 gallons. They all seem to have lesions in their mouth.

Back
Top Bottom