How to treat for lice

I don't know about the Palmolive, my Mom got a bunch of that because she heard it worked on dogs fleas, guess who wound up with all the Palmolive? Listen, I spray that Adams stuff around the house and sprinkle the powder on my carpets. What do you have handy? I have to say Poultry (or Sevin) Dust is probably the best because you can work it into the feathers pretty good. You want to kill those things or not?
big_smile.png
Just be careful not to get it into her face or eyes and try to avoid doing the same thing to yourself. Better to do it out in the open so you don't gas yourself.

Thanks for all your help
smile.png
I am also wondering about the neem oil. Sounds interesting. I suppose the soapy water method is used to loosen up all the fleas, I know that if we ever found a flea on us as a kid or the cat we would drown it in a glass of soapy water, they cannont swim in that and they drown <--- so no the soap itself doesn't kill the fleas, but it helps to keep them underwater
smile.png
. Going to go give some chicken baths now, I will let you know how it works.

i can just picture me tryin to give baths to my 11 chooks! - i would probably be the worse for it. i use DE and sevin dust in the coop, run, and nest boxes.

Quote:
my DH was wondering about using that....anyone?

Read down on this thread someone wrote something on neem oil..... QUOTE FROM chcknrs: "Neem oil is an organic insecticide that is very effective. you can dilute pure oil with mineral oil and apply directly to affected area. No need to clip feathers, just massage oil into feathers/skin. From what I have read here, you can treat the coop/run areas with diatomaceous earth to clean the mites from that area. Neem oil is from the seeds of some tree in India. I have used it safely on my dogs for fleas and ticks, and on the neighbor dog for mange. Worked every time, and fast! I apply a drop or two on a tick and they die fast!
"
https://www.backyardchickens.com/forum/viewtopic.php?id=46800

Quote:
Absolutely! I always sprinkle a fine layer down first when I change the bedding. I think bleach should work just fine.

Back
Top Bottom