How To Treat Intestinal Blockage?

Well, poop is a good sign. Of course, ducks go a lot every day, though. My guess is that you'll want to give them a bit of something that will surely help them go. I just don't know that for sure and I don't know what to give them. I'll tag a few more people to see if we can get someone to weigh in that knows more than I do.

@RavynFallen
@WVduckchick
@needlessjunk

I would think more olive oil would help, but I haven't had this kind of issue before...

The breathing harder bit *might* be from trying to poop, or could be she is getting ready to start laying, maybe?

Only reason I say that is I noticed my ducks breathing changed once they started laying... deeper and a bit quicker breaths...

But anyways, I'd wait to hear from others... hope they all get it passed...

Sorry, I've not had this issue either and don't have anything to suggest. I would imagine it could have something to do with starting to lay also.

Is it possible that they are just getting enough free range goodies that they don't want the regular feed now?

Sorry, I've not had this issue either and don't have anything to suggest. I would imagine it could have something to do with starting to lay also.

Is it possible that they are just getting enough free range goodies that they don't want the regular feed now?

I just gave them food again (more applesause, yogurt, and olive oil). The runner ate more this time, but the other female ate nothing at all...and I have not fed them all day.

I would think that they had their fill from free ranging, but even when I let them out after being locked up in their coop all night they still won't eat. Maybe they got full off their bedding (which I changed btw)? I guess I'll find out in the morning. If they're hungry, I will know it was the bedding. If they're not, then I'll know something is wrong.

Last edited:
This is a question for everyone's consideration: The flushes Sticky refers to using molasses as a flush (inducing diarrhea). Might a little molasses help, here? I cannot say I am even suggesting this, but bringing it up for discussion.
hu.gif

That's very interesting Amiga. Might be worth a shot (literally, the way they poop sometimes! Lol)

Keep us posted please Little Byrd

This is a question for everyone's consideration: The flushes Sticky refers to using molasses as a flush (inducing diarrhea). Might a little molasses help, here? I cannot say I am even suggesting this, but bringing it up for discussion.
hu.gif

I'd be on board if they hadn't pooped at all today. Maybe see how they are in the morning. I'm betting (hoping) they wake up hungry. Maybe there are days when ducks in general only poo once & it's okay. I just don't know.

I let them out this morning, and the runner ate a lot more, a little bit at a time. The khaki went straight in the pool then ran out to go forage and didn't touch the food. I saw the runner poop 3 times and the khaki pooped once but it was a very small amount.

I feel a little better now that at least the runner seems to be recovering (though she's still squeezing and her lower belly looks thick). The khaki seems as happy and energetic as ever, but she just won't eat or poop.

Back
Top Bottom