Guide How to turn on and off EMAIL notifications

I guess I'm just a confused old lady that is internet deficient.

@Kiki I tried to access the six areas you listed and it would only let me in to Privacy and Preferences.

I really need some holding hands and working through this problem.
Let's start simple... Are you on a computer, phone or tablet?
I'm thinking I can try to make a video to show you exactly where to go but I would like to know which device you're using first.

Let's start simple... Are you on a computer, phone or tablet?
I'm thinking I can try to make a video to show you exactly where to go but I would like to know which device you're using first.

I only use my computer.

I have worked with yahoo to make sure my email is working appropriately.

I have had the same problem since working with yahoo.

So far I've been able to get back to BYC and participate.

I only use my computer.

Thanks. Next:
You want to receive NO EMAILS from BYC, correct?

I only use my computer.

I am updating the first post of this thread now. I am going to post the updated links right here in a new message for you too.

The first update is this:

Go here and read all of these boxes. This is a picture for my account and I only receive emails when somebody tags / mentions me in a post. So my boxes are checked/unchecked to only received this one type of email.

Click here:
https://www.backyardchickens.com/account/account-details

Screenshot_20220710-085638.png

Let me know when you have finished doing this part and I will move on to the next.

Oh NO you have the wrong idea.

I live to read my BYC daily.

Please DON'T get rid of my BYC.
You are here on BYC's website now.

This thread is only about stopping getting EMAIL notifications for various different things. Turning off email notifications will not prevent you from visiting the website.

I think you are talking about something completely different. I'm guessing you had trouble logging in to the website with your email address and password once and are afraid to get logged out again.

Am I on the right track with my guessing here? I will continue to try to explain what I think happened to you next.

You are here on BYC's website now.

This thread is only about stopping getting EMAIL notifications for various different things. Turning off email notifications will not prevent you from visiting the website.

I think you are talking about something completely different. I'm guessing you had trouble logging in to the website with your email address and password once and are afraid to get logged out again.

Am I on the right track with my guessing here? I will continue to try to explain what I think happened to you next.

About two months ago when I brought up an email from BYC I could only read it and was not able to write comments.

Then I had to go to account details and save each section it would let me access and comment.

Even with the time spent with yahoo, it is still restricting me at times and I don't know what the problem is.

About two months ago when I brought up an email from BYC I could only read it and was not able to write comments.

Then I had to go to account details and save each section it would let me access and comment.

Even with the time spent with yahoo, it is still restricting me at times and I don't know what the problem is.
Emails are completely different than reading on the website.

They are two different things.

You must be logged in to the website in order to respond, comment, type a reply.

You can not comment or reply while reading an email from BYC.

Back
Top Bottom