How to understand the chicken calculator

Can anyone tell me what kippen colour my cockerel is. He is apparently paint with red leakage. White with black spots and a few little dark brown feathers on his wings but barely noticeable. I'm putting him as either Piebald dom white based Exchequer or just Exchequer, both of which are dominant white.

I thought he was a splash but was told different on here.

what is correct?

And I have a splash blue laced red wyandotte. What on earth is she on kippen?

pics below. sorry to hijack!
20200817_212113.jpg

20200817_132240.jpg
20200806_205033.jpg
20200901_110527.jpg

I would research what each gene locus is responsible for. At least that is what I had to do to use the dang thing years ago ;). Just google "specific name" locus chicken genetics in google. You will get the best results if you have some understanding of color genetics.

Can anyone tell me what kippen colour my cockerel is. He is apparently paint with red leakage. White with black spots and a few little dark brown feathers on his wings but barely noticeable. I'm putting him as either Piebald dom white based Exchequer or just Exchequer, both of which are dominant white.

I thought he was a splash but was told different on here.

what is correct?

And I have a splash blue laced red wyandotte. What on earth is she on kippen?

pics below. sorry to hijack!
View attachment 2316621
View attachment 2316622View attachment 2316624View attachment 2316625
Enter ebebCoCoMlMlPgPgMhMhBlBl
for the Wyandotte.

Enter ebebCoCoMlMlPgPgMhMhBlBl
for the Wyandotte.

Thanks Amer!!!

Any idea what i should put for the silkie? I tried piebald dom white exchequer and all his babies turn out white or paint, and i tried him as Exchequer and all his babies turn out black except with a cuckoo pairing (barred gene). Presumably because these two options are dominant white and dominant black?

I've currently got black, paint, white and an odd possibly gold laced out of him as live chicks!

Which makes me think he isn't either of those options I have selected 🤷‍♀️

Any idea what i should put for the silkie? I tried piebald dom white exchequer and all his babies turn out white or paint, and i tried him as Exchequer and all his babies turn out black except with a cuckoo pairing (barred gene). Presumably because these two options are dominant white and dominant black?

I've currently got black, paint, white and an odd possibly gold laced out of him as live chicks!

Do you know the color of the silkie's parents?
Or the color of mothers of his babies?
(Either or both could help figure out what genes he has.)

Your silkie may have one copy of something (like E) and one copy of something else (e^??) This could happen for many different genes, of course. But if his babies come out a wide variety of colors and patterns, then it is pretty likely that he's heterozygous at some loci (has two non-matching genes at some places.)

Do you know the color of the silkie's parents?
Or the color of mothers of his babies?
(Either or both could help figure out what genes he has.)

Your silkie may have one copy of something (like E) and one copy of something else (e^??) This could happen for many different genes, of course. But if his babies come out a wide variety of colors and patterns, then it is pretty likely that he's heterozygous at some loci (has two non-matching genes at some places.)
No I don't know his parents for sure, except that the breeder had paint silkie roosters who are most likely his father.

Yes I know the mothers of his chicks as they are in my flock. They are relatively easy to find and put into kippen (gold laced, black mottled, partridge and cuckoo) except for the wyandotte who has red or dark buff lacing on top of a white background, but with a grey head. The white was told to me here that it was splash blue.

Back
Top Bottom