dfhgjlod

In the Brooder
Mar 9, 2019
Arizona, USA
Most online tutorials for the Brinsea Advanced Mini v2 incubator appear to just state how to change stuff.1 What do I set the settings to?

My current setup:
Temperature: 99.5°F
Turning: Every Hour for 8 Seconds
Cooling: Off
Day: 21 (currently on 16 for my first batch)
Humidity: Fill one side of the central water pot. Check 1~ a day.
Hatching Mat: I plan to add paper towels about 19 days in

Some questions:

1. Do the eggs need to be a dark room?
Most of the rooms in my house are very well lit with windows. Do I need to cover the incubator or is **some** sunlight ok?

2. Should I turn cooling on?​

3. What settings do you use?

4. What temperature should I set the low/high alarm to?
Any tips?

Edit:
Currently hatching 4 Black Copper Maran and 3 Isbar Eggs.

Last edited:
First time with this bater too, on day 13. Most of the settings I left at default for chickens. The reason to avoid sunlight is not the light itself but the HEAT which could affect the temp in the bater. So limited filtered sunlight is OK if it isn't direct light. For example can you pull the curtains and shades closed? I set up mine in a bathroom that doesn't have windows, but it still gets light.

Trying to hatch 7 BCM eggs, although I'm not seeing a lot when I've tried candling. I can see the yolks and what I think are growing air cells. You're a few days ahead of me - what can you see in the BCM eggs? Anything?

Instead of paper towels, which can get wet, I plan to use shelf liner for lockdown.

I just got the Mini II Advance. I’m struggling with how to check the humidity. Not sure if I should use a probe hygrometer or one that sits inside. There’s not a lot of room so just wondering what others use. I have 9 Serama eggs in there currently. But it’s just day 2:fl! I have been struggling with shipped eggs and incubation. This is my second batch of shipped eggs. The first is still in a different incubator but today is day 18 so lockdown tonight. Only 1 or 2 out of 12 so far but we will see around Tuesday I guess!

Back
Top Bottom