How to use Ivomec Eprinex?

ChickieBooBoo

Cold Canadian Chick
10 Years
Dec 2, 2009
Canada
I think a few of my birds have worms, and even if they don't it wouldn't hurt to worm them. I've been doing some reading and read that if you have a heavy infestation you should start with something like piperazine because it isn't as strong. About a week later you start with the Ivomec Eprinex.

So my questions are, how do you apply these two wormers? In the water? Onto their skin? What else does it kill (mites, lice?)

Thanks in advance!

With the Ivomec you put it on the skin. On here, Dawg53 recommends Valbazen. It controls a wide range of worms that the others do not and you dont have to pretreat with Wazine because it kills slowly and doesnt cause a mass kill off of worms that could kill your chickens. The Ivomec will kill lice and mites but you can do that with Seven dust. I know the Eprinex say no withholding but I would not use the eggs for 2 weeks. Pm Dawg53 he is our resident worm expert. I trust his advice.

I have used Eprinex for four years. I have large fowl Brahmas. They get six drops at the base of the neck on the skin. My one banty gets four drops and my two seramas get two drops. If it hits just feathers, it won't work, so make sure you get it directly on the skin. I don't withhold eggs and have never had a problem and have never seen mites or lice. Once a year I use Valbazen. The way I do it is on the weekend early in the morning I will go out there, treat a bird and put him out of the coop. When the coop is empty, I'm done!

Back
Top Bottom