How to Worm a Chicken????

I've never wormed my birds and I need to what and how do you worm Chickens????
I use fenbendazole as directed by my avian vet (Safeguard for Goats or Cattle at TSC) at the rate of 50mg/kg by mouth and repeat in ten days. 50mg of Safeguard for Goats/Cattle is .5cc.

Last edited:
lol.png
Thanks for the info here - guess I'm really outta the loop though - I know how to drench (worm ) a goat with safeguard or valbazen - but how do you worm a chicken - do they have mini drench guns? LOL Please help!

lol.png
Thanks for the info here - guess I'm really outta the loop though - I know how to drench (worm ) a goat with safeguard or valbazen - but how do you worm a chicken - do they have mini drench guns? LOL Please help!

Use a syringe without a needle. Withdraw the liquid valbazen or liquid safeguard from the bottle and dose each bird orally undiluted, 1/2cc for standard size chickens, 1/4cc for smaller chickens. Redose your birds again in 10 days. Pull the wattles down and the mouth will open, squirt the liquid in the mouth and immediately release the wattles so the bird can swallow the liquid on her own and not aspirate.
Jefferslivestock.com carries both products.

Last edited:
Thank you very much Dawg :) Do you know if there is a withdrawal period for the eggs after worming? I really appreciate your help :)
D.gif

Back
Top Bottom