How to yell male from female

Mandied

Songster
Jul 24, 2022
Vincennes, Indiana
Okay we had to give away 2 of our bantams because they were boys and we can't have boys. We are wanting to get a couple other chicks. We are wanting to raise for eggs. I thought golden comets or atleast once that we will be able to tell they are female when we get them. I don't want to have to give anymore up. What breed would you all suggest?

Thank you. I started crying when we came home. I told my husband I feel stupid for crying but I really didn't want to loss 2.
Any chicken lover would understand your crying. We get attached. Have you heard of anti crow collars? Maybe that could help.

Any chicken lover would understand your crying. We get attached. Have you heard of anti crow collars? Maybe that could help.
No I haven't heard of that. I just hope our other four are girls. We have 3 silkies and 1 bantam left. I'm glad the lady that took our boys will take care of them she even promised to send pictures of them. She told us if we inly ended of with 2 boys that's good which has me worried one of the other 4 could be. I read that with silkies it hard to tell sex until they are older.

I have also heard that about Silkies. As for the crow collars, I would not personally recommend because I had two bantam Cochin roosters who they decidedly did not work on. Could be user error on my part, but I still had to get rid of them.

I have also heard that about Silkies. As for the crow collars, I would not personally recommend because I had two bantam Cochin roosters who they decidedly did not work on. Could be user error on my part, but I still had to get rid of them.
The woman who took our boys is my brother in laws cousin and she said if we end up with any other boys she'd take them. I just hope we don't. I am really wanting to get 2 more chicks it's like super quiet with the 2 gone. I guess they were our noisy ones. The other 4 which I hope are girls I think are lost because the other two aren't here.

The woman who took our boys is my brother in laws cousin and she said if we end up with any other boys she'd take them. I just hope we don't. I am really wanting to get 2 more chicks it's like super quiet with the 2 gone. I guess they were our noisy ones. The other 4 which I hope are girls I think are lost because the other two aren't here.
Aww, that’s sad. How old are they?

1660067571464.png

Yelling is always a good way to tell. :)

Seriously though, try to find breeds that are Sex-linked. You can tell at hatch whether they are male or female like Red, Black, or Gold-sex-links. Auto-sexing breeds like Cream Crested Legbars would also be a good option.

Back
Top Bottom