1. If this is your first time on BYC, we suggest you start with one of these three options:
    Raising Chickens Chicken Coops Join BYC
    If you're already a member of our community, click here to login & click here to learn what's new!

How to you NAME your farm (North Carolina)

Discussion in 'Other Pets & Livestock' started by Hobbley_Farm, Sep 19, 2008.

1. Hobbley_Farm

Hobbley_Farm Chillin' With My Peeps

Sep 9, 2008
    Pilot Mountain, NC
    How do you register your farm as a farm in north carolina? What is the absolute minimum profit I need to show to be able to register as a farm? Does anyone know?

Last edited: Sep 19, 2008
  2. GwenFarms

GwenFarms Chillin' With My Peeps

Feb 26, 2008
    In NC, I just don't know. I know here, in SC, we don't show a profit. You just sign a statement that so much of your land is used for agricultural purposes. You have to have so much acreage too. We only have 10 acres, but qualify and get a good tax break on our property taxes.

Hope someone can be more help that me, if not just call your auditor's office and ask them how to qualify.

3. DLS

DLS Chillin' With My Peeps

HERE IS HOW.
    go to the USDA website.
    Then find the FSA website from there.
    The USDA website will have a LOCATOR to find your closest FSA (fsn) office. CALL THEM
    They will tell you what to bring & how to get there .. Just a couple things ID & a plat of your land , so they can find it on the satilite.
    thats it

Last edited: Sep 19, 2008
  4. HuestisFarm

HuestisFarm Chillin' With My Peeps

Sep 23, 2008
    Fly Creek, NY
    Not exactly sure in NC. In NY you have to profit at least $10K yearly to be considered a farm.

Last edited: Sep 25, 2008

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by