how we did our cabin coop

nesting boxes built n placed dust bath in back

feeder now till I can build one from PVC,waterer to b made also. I plan to put rain barrel outside n pipe it in to coop and to the run.

pop door is made of 1/4" thick stainless steel scrap. channels are screwed into groves in both sides, bottom of door rests on top of floor joist channel. door weighs around 20 lbs n its a bit sharp, I have concerns of guillotine mishap here. automatic chicken door please Santa??

Last edited:
we have work yet to do on this. I want to install a fenced wall three ft from inside the door for storage with a small loft above screen door entrance to my girls. also we have yet to redo our roost, I hope I didn't hurt anyone's feelings while asking on that idea.we plan to make a tree for inside using a dead elm tree and limbs from others drilled n placed in a spiral pattern in back corner. oh and we currently have a chicken net as outside fence that works great, but since the new set up I have hawk problem. we start wire grid over the run tomorrow, girls very mad they haven't been out, think I heard them call me some bad names yesterday. I will try to show how the notch was done, think there may be one or two mistakes in scrap barrel. hope u enjoy n I will answer questions if I am able.

Love this!! You all did a great job. Just out of curiosity. How did you move it out of your pole barn??

thank you all! the router was used to make notch for log end to fit into log running opposite way, at corners, I need to go find some pieces n show u better. we have few corners that may cause problems later since depth is wrong

aart I looked at your coop on your page, I love it. your windows up by the peak, applause!! I would have had heck of a time with getting that idea across, also I wish I could cover my run like u did. my run has so many trees n think it would get damaged too soon.

Back
Top Bottom