How/why did you start with ducks?

I just started with ducks and I got into them by wanting to incubate duck eggs THEN send them out to my aunts (who wanted ducks!). Anyway, the hatch was very successful and I DID send the ducklings out there, though it was one of the hardest things I have done and my daughter wasnt too happy either! Well, I thought the hatch was done but three more hatched after that,lol. I gritted my teeth and called my aunt. Then got talked into keeping the little black duck by my 16 year old. My "reasoning" was that the crippled gosling (now moving around very well!), needed a buddy besides chickens...then days later I had two little Blue Swedish hatch out...my "reasoning" then was, the duck can have these ducks for company!!
smile.png

Now I have more duck eggs in the incubator(more coming) and done with excuses.
I admit it, I REALLY like ducks.
roll.png
smile.png

I saw this on another thread and just got the book today off of Amazon, "Enslaved By Ducks".
smile.png

Quote:
Gal I think that is a crested Ancona or at least an ancona cross...the markings are correct and the markings on the feet and bill are correct too for an ancona. Do you know who you got the eggs from? that is an excellent surprise.

Back
Top Bottom