How Wide is Your Pop Door?

3KillerBs

Addict
14 Years
Jul 10, 2009
North Carolina Sandhills
My Coop
My Coop
We're trying to figure out if the pop doors for the Chicken Palace can fit into the space between the door frames and the support posts, which is 8" wide for one door and 7" wide for the other door. The pop door on the Little Monitor Coop is 10" wide, which seems quite generous.

How wide is your pop door?

And, for that matter, how big is your largest chicken?

We can put the pop doors on the other side of their respective support posts, but that pre-framed space is attractive IF it's wide enough.

I made our pop door 24" by 24" because they share a coop with ducks and I read they like to come out side by side.

I haven't seen anyone come out side by side actually... it is more like opening the store doors at a black friday sale, so I am glad I went bigger.

We're trying to figure out if the pop doors for the Chicken Palace can fit into the space between the door frames and the support posts, which is 8" wide for one door and 7" wide for the other door. The pop door on the Little Monitor Coop is 10" wide, which seems quite generous.

How wide is your pop door?

And, for that matter, how big is your largest chicken?

We can put the pop doors on the other side of their respective support posts, but that pre-framed space is attractive IF it's wide enough.

I have the run chicken autodoor and the dimensions of the opening are 8x10 inches. My biggest chicken is a Brahma and she has no problem. Sometimes she even tries to bump the door open in her hurry to get out in the morning (which stops the door) and she doesn't have a problem with the shorter opening.

I have the T50 auto door as well, ID is 8”x10”, OD is 9.4”w x 13.8”t (24.3” w/door open). Dunno how big they are but our roosters have no issue passing through it
2381D436-7925-434C-963E-52A104260AA1.png

Back
Top Bottom