How worried should I be?

Hermits Garden

Vintage American Featherless Biped
Oct 8, 2018
I have nineteen chicks--ten weeks old. They all seem healthy, with good appetites and normal activity. They've figured out the roosts (although some still prefer the edge of the poop deck) at night. They're all common dual purpose breeds.

What I'm noticing is an occasional poop that is very watery, and off-colored. I find this kind of poop on the poop deck and sometimes on the ground.

No blood, just a really watery one once in a while, sometimes looks more like peanut butter slime than regular chicken poop. I don't feed them snacks except very occasional mealworms, weeds from our yard (they love clover) and some kind of packaged treat for chickens--those and the meal worms they might get once a week, and then it's two small handfuls for all nineteen chickens.

Edited to add: our temps have been cool lately, as it's Monsoon Season here in easter Arizona mtns. They've had a few days of panting, but that was a couple weeks ago.

I'm a rank beginner with her first chickens, and I'm wondering if there's a cause for worry.

Last edited:

Back
Top Bottom