How would you like to find this in your henhouse??

sickbyc.gif
WHOLY CRAPOLA THAT IS A BIG SPIDER AND IF IT GOES ANYWERE NEAR MY PRECIOUS DARLINGS I WILL BE AFTER IT WITH A SHOVEL!
hide.gif
somad.gif
dude i have respect for nature! i luv spiders but u eat my chicken mr. arachnid u gonna die! i luv spiders! but i luv my chickens more!
ep.gif

Its honestly not the big spiders one has to be afraid of , at least the bigger the spider the faster someone afraid of them can get out of doge.

I was hit by a lowly grass spider, didnt even know I was bitten honestly, I knew it was there as it was giving me all attitude
I was setting up a 55 gal fish tank and this little spider was giving me tude I kept brushing it out of the way, I didnt want to hurt it. they are kinda pretty ina plain way.
long story short , I got tired of having to keep moving him out of the way and finally just ended up getting him on a paper and put it outside.
with in a few momentsof puttinghim outside my finger started burning like it was on fire, didnt give it a lot of thought untill my finger and the one next to it started to swell painfully,
Called the dr and told him I think the spider bit me, Identified it to him and he told me that grass spiders do not normally create a problem for most folk. but if I gelt uncomfortable to come in and he would check it.
by this time I was fixin to cut the hand off, it was extremely swollen and burned like I had been playing with fire. I went in and he was a bit shocked at the reaction I was having. unfortunately there isnt a lot that can be done for this type of bite.

99 % of the population is not allergic to grass spider bites. I am in the 1% that are obviously,
I was told if someone is allergic to bee venome then that person yes could easily be allergic to the spider venom. sadly I am very allergic to bee sting.

The grass spider is part of the Funnel Web/Hobo species.
pretty spider but to those allergic a pain in the hand.
so I would much rather have my large spiders than get whacked by something less than an inch long.

http://www.google.com/search?source...UTF-8&rlz=1T4ACAW_enUS310US311&q=grass+spider

Last edited:
My son has 5 tarantulas as pets....one of them I named Charlotte as she is very dainty like her namesake on Charlottes Web. My favorite though is the pink toe he has...guess I am just weird.......
tongue.png

I can up my personal weirdness.......I have two black widow spider tattoos!!! Glad to hear there are others like me...haha!!

Quote:
Well IF your weird then you are in very good company lol.
there are a few of us Arachnid lovers on this board.

My ex-FIL tried killing a big ol' tarantula that was discovered in their bathroom...he apparently took more than a light stomp to kill. But yes, they are so big and slow moving, youd have to get dang close and purposefully anger it for it to bite you. That said, I would run lie a ninny and have a panic attack in my closet....after I checked it for spiders...

Back
Top Bottom