How would you make this?

Discussion in 'Coop & Run - Design, Construction, & Maintenance' started by Leggo, Feb 18, 2013.

1. Leggo

Leggo Out Of The Brooder

Oct 1, 2012
    [​IMG]

Hey! Does anybody have any idea how exactly they constructed this run? It looks nice and seems incredibly practical! It also looks relatively easy to build(compared to others I've seen) and I like the idea of a water-proof cloth for the roof and the metal seems more appealing 'cause it wouldn't rot(besides rust..)

Let me know if you have any suggestions on a relatively easy good-lucking run that you may have come across before. I am doing my homework for the summer ;)

THANKS!

p.s. I amn't much of a handy man, so I amn't really sure if those angled poles have names like 45degree rods or whatever -> I have tried googling what I thought it could be but couldn't really find anything.. - I thought I'd mention that before somebody tried to flame me :D

2. loanwizard

loanwizard Chillin' With My Peeps

That looks like a "garage in a box" sold at Tractor Supply and I am sure many other places. Then has fencing added.

3. jeepguy982001

jeepguy982001 Chillin' With My Peeps

Oct 4, 2011
    athens, wv
    thats what i was thinking looks like a carport with fencing added on. Looks good though.

4. loanwizard

loanwizard Chillin' With My Peeps

Sure does.

5. Hammerga

Hammerga Out Of The Brooder

Feb 18, 2013
    North Ga.
    yeah that looks like metal frame work, probably a frame like you see used for carports maybe with longer legs and then enclosed with wire. Isomething simular could be built with wood but it would not look as clean and open.

6. Trefoil

Trefoil Chillin' With My Peeps

Dec 7, 2011
    Duh.. I didn't realize that it was probably a carport frame, and it really does look clean. Another good idea, I love this thread.

7. DallasCriftins

DallasCriftins Chillin' With My Peeps

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by