How would you protect your animals from nuclear fallout?

Pics
I live a couple miles from a Navy Base, so I’ll never feel a thing. I can go on in and live in eternity with my Heavenly Father! All the chickens will be burnt to a crisp and I won’t care.
Amen Wally... Jesus said to pray that you are counted worthy to escape these things coming upon the earth and stand before Him....and that's what I would prefer ....but I believe the calling He has given me is to stay here longer and help other when things get really insane....He didn't instantly heal me of brain cancer and send me to evangelize to Muslim villages in Pakistan and come back with my head still attached, just to go out some quick and easy way LOL

What we notice is that propagation in general goes down on certain frequencies or disappears completely. Skips aren't as good or are 'weird' meaning short skips will disappear and longer skips may get stronger in areas where we generally don't see them. We have also seen short skips appear where they didn't exist before. My husband has made contact to operators in Australia using just 5 watts of power, which would be an example of a long skip.

During active sun spot activity the bands are burning up with activity. Propagation is at it's best.

We subscribe to space weather through weather.org and if we get a geomagnetic storm alert we make sure our equipment is unplugged and disconnected from our antennas. Our whole home is a Faraday Cage of sorts. Amish built, it is sided with metal and even our ceilings and roof are metal. Equipment is expensive though so better safe than sorry.

Most HAMS we know do have a hand held radio or 2 meter rig that they keep in a metal ammo can in the event of a large scale X or higher rated CME storm. It isn't unusual for a HAM to have a Go Kit that they can grab and take with them in the event of an emergency.

What HAMS are starting to notice though is that propagation also drops before an earthquake. There is evidently some sort of electromagnetic energy being released by the earth prior to a quake.

We are just going into the early part of the solar maximum. We've never experienced the maximum so it should be interesting.
Super cool. Thanks for the response!

Apple pectin?
Taking fruit pectin (I have apple pectin supplements in capsule form) will bind to radioactive isotopes in your system that has been ingested by food and water, and then is flushed out in waste.....Saved many lives after the Chernobyl disaster ....they gave the children apple juice

Taking fruit pectin (I have apple pectin supplements in capsule form) will bind to radioactive isotopes in your system that has been ingested by food and water, and then is flushed out in waste.....Saved many lives after the Chernobyl disaster ....they gave the children apple juice
Writing "stock up on apple juice" on grocery list ....

Yeah there's always something to worry about, right? I used to worry a lot in my teens and 20s. I guess I'm at the point now I just enjoy day-by-day, I especially treasure time with my flock. No matter what kind of day I've had I can always count on them to put a smile on my face.
I'm less concerned about "acts of God" such as Solar Flares and earthquakes (of non-fracking origin). Make sure you're right with God and do your best to survive.

Humans with EMPs/nuclear weapons at their disposal are more concerning. In the recorded history of wars, humans have done rather terrible things to each other. Much worse than a lion killing the offspring of another male in the pride.

Wow that's cool. Didn't realize. Maybe there is some use for all that "expired" pectin powder...

It is troubling....the space and geo stuff, but the more I got educated on it the less scary it seemed and I became better prepared to face it (physically and emotionally).... every morning I watch a 2-3 minute space weather news update at the link below....that way I know, for example, where to expect earthquakes to hit, or if the solar wind speed is high, I may feel a bit foggy, weak, and achy that day and plan less strenuous activities (and pop a couple turmeric capsules)... or if the kp index is high I know that my internet or radio signals may be affected....Most don't know that sun and other celestial bodies can affect our emotional state and physical bodies just like the moon affects the tides, especially if you have heart or mental health issues, and they may go through the day disturbed by not knowing why they feel a bit off....

As far as an earth directed x-flare like the Carrington Event, we are expecting to see a much greater one than that, but if you keep up on the news you may have a heads up and some time before it reaches the planet.

https://www.youtube.com/user/Suspicious0bservers
I believe NOAA Space Weather also has predictions for that. Most of the power plant operators I know are dialed in for any potential electromagnetic storms.

Back
Top Bottom