How would you protect your animals from nuclear fallout?

Pics
Get it quick, they go fast

That will only work on high acid foods or foods with acid added before canning. That will NOT work for canning low acid foods which are vegetables, meats, poultry, soups, stews, or meat sauces. I can many many veggies and stock. I also can tomatoes and make my own jelly. Like I said, the Carey canner is a water bath canner as well as a pressure canner. If you are gonna buy one thing, might as well buy something that can DO more than one thing
Multi purpose & multi functional sounds good to me...I don't know though, usually when I get a new gadget, I still do things the old way. Like a food processor I got decades ago...still in the box. My cutlery gets plenty of use, though. 😆

Last edited:
Edit to add. Not that everyone will like canning even if they have an ideal setup and all the tools. 🙂
I took a minute to ponder...why is it that I always revert back to doing something the hard way...like canning. I do it like I saw my grandmother do, when I was little. I didn't get to actually can With her, (I was about 3 yrs old, allowed to pick tomatoes, figs & knead dough, but too short to do much else 😆).
I would've Loved to help her more when as I grew up, but she became ill and passed on.

I think because I grew up seeing things done "old school" by my parents & others, it just stuck. I still scrub a floor on my hands & knees, mopping is just for the finish.

I actually like to do things most others don't...I like chores. Weird, right? Somehow, it's energizing & cheerful to start my day, then at the end of that day of course I'm exhausted & ache all over, if I was shoveling, digging, hoeing, carrying wood, etc., but that hot shower, hot meal & sleep feel Extra Good then! I do like the feeling of accomplishment, too. Veggies & sauces canned, yard debris burned, garden prepped, lumber stacked, fresh lavender laundry folded, chicken coop & pigeon loft clean, waterers bleached. Call me weird but I'd rather spend my "day off" at home close to my flock, getting something done, than do anything or go anywhere else. Just a Simple Living, Bird Loving Homebody! 😆

Sometimes its like a top and you just watch it spin...
Ok, goin back a few decades to early childhood...Who remembers standing tip toed to lift the automatic washer lid & watch clothes being washed & then spin? 😆

My mom would say, from the kitchen, "Put that lid down, Leave the washer alone, it doesn't need you to supervise. You want something to do? The living room needs dusting."

Oh, kids today don't know what they're missing, with those safety features you can't lift the lid while it's running now. Yup they really missed out didn't they! 😂

Ok, goin back a few decades to early childhood...Who remembers standing tip toed to lift the automatic washer lid & watch clothes being washed & then spin? 😆

My mom would say, from the kitchen, "Put that lid down, Leave the washer alone, it doesn't need you to supervise. You want something to do? The living room needs dusting."

Oh, kids today don't know what they're missing, with those safety features you can't lift the lid while it's running now. Yup they really missed out didn't they! 😂
I have one of those washers. My kids like me to hold it open for a few minutes so they can watch it scrub the clothes.

Your mom was funny. I think I may steal that phrase "You want something to do? The _____ needs ____."

I was a professional stuper-viser when I was a kid 🧐

I was a professional stuper-viser when I was a kid 🧐
Me too! As well as a Gopher (Go For this & go for that, picking up job supplies).
Dad's work seemed much more interesting, though, he was always building something, what a creative mind, & he let me do stuff so I learned a lot, painting, using some tools, wish he would've taught me even more. Sure miss those that have gone over to the other side. Jim Croce was right, There never seems to be enough time
To do the things you want to do
Once you find them ❤️

Last edited:
Ok....here it is....pardon the clutter
That big foiled covered box is a make-shift hospital cage/brooder and the wood box below it is for larger birds and puppies but we just have our (get out of dodge) packs in it right now 😶

View attachment 3312646

This is my "UUUGH IT'S TOO HOT IN HERE....HAVING A HOT FLASH....I HATE MENOPAUSE!!!🥵" Summer cooking stove....I named it "Coleman" because....it is...:confused:View attachment 3312654

Again...please pardon the clutter (that's squash seeds drying on the paper towel and the crock pot is just storage for almond flour...never used it lol) AND WHATEVER YOU DO DON'T LET SENOR JUAN VALDEZ SEE THIS PIC OF THE UBAN COFFEE TUBS ON THE LEFT OR I'LL NEVER SEE HIM AND HIS DONKEY AGAIN AT MY DOOR!

Anyway, real nice fireplace you have there!
That's a proper wood stove!!

In my thermostat pic on one of the threads (forget which), I had my electric strip heat set to 62, while it was 4 degrees outside), but the house was 68 because of Hank. When Hank has lived out his life, I plan to replace him with a stove like yours, especially so I don't need electric to run the blower. Also, Hank's blower is really loud. He must think he's a Harley-Davidson.

Back
Top Bottom