How would you protect your animals from nuclear fallout?

Pics
Me too!!! Dad's work seemed much more interesting, though, he was always building something, what a creative mind, & he let me do stuff so I learned a lot, painting, using some tools, wish he would've taught me even more. Sure miss those that have gone over to the other side. Jim Croce was right, There never seems to be enough time
To do the things you want to do
Once you find them ❤️

Oh wow, it's been a long time since I heard that song!

So how y'all doing today?

I had an interesting morning! My jenny, Esther, laid her first egg today! :wootWasn't expecting that until spring!
egg.jpeg

My jake, Mordechai, was extremely unhappy that I took it but their breed is said to be not broody and she laid it in a random spot outside of the house. It's apparently frozen so prolly to cold to incubate, so I guess I will eat it....anyone here ever eat turkey eggs? How do they taste?

Another blatant display of unhappiness this morning....my winter weather wear has started rebelling against me...apparently not pleased that they got wet while watering the animals, even though I gave them the warmest spot in the house to dry off!

glove.jpeg

Last edited:

I had an interesting morning! My jenny, Ester, laid her first egg today! :wootWasn't expecting that until spring!View attachment 3313470
My jake, Mordechai, was extremely unhappy that I took it but their breed is said to be not broody and she laid it in a random spot outside of the house. It's apparently frozen so prolly to cold to incubate, so I guess I will eat it....anyone here ever eat turkey eggs? How do they taste?

Another blatant display of unhappiness this morning....my winter weather wear has started rebelling against me...apparently not pleased that they got wet while watering the animals, even though I gave them the warmest spot in the house to dry off!

View attachment 3313484
Beautiful egg! 🥰
Hilarious angry glove! :gig
(On those rainy days I put DH boots on the heat register & hang his gloves, so when he gets them in the morning they're warm & dry...yup, you've given me a brilliant idea about how to clip the gloves... 😆)

Last edited:

I had an interesting morning! My jenny, Ester, laid her first egg today! :wootWasn't expecting that until spring!View attachment 3313470

View attachment 3313484
:woot

That's a proper wood stove!!

In my thermostat pic on one of the threads (forget which), I had my electric strip heat set to 62, while it was 4 degrees outside), but the house was 68 because of Hank. When Hank has lived out his life, I plan to replace him with a stove like yours, especially so I don't need electric to run the blower. Also, Hank's blower is really loud. He must think he's a Harley-Davidson.
Bwahahaha....gotta show my hubby your post when he gets back ....he will crack up....he's a Gold Wing Harley mahnly-mahn (man) 😎

Last week he installed little computer fans up in the corners of the doorways and hallways to circulate warm air throughout....made a huge difference and they use hardly any power.

Me too! As well as a Gopher (Go For this & go for that, picking up job supplies).
Dad's work seemed much more interesting, though, he was always building something, what a creative mind, & he let me do stuff so I learned a lot, painting, using some tools, wish he would've taught me even more. Sure miss those that have gone over to the other side. Jim Croce was right, There never seems to be enough time
To do the things you want to do
Once you find them ❤️

Back
Top Bottom