How would you protect your animals from nuclear fallout?

Pics
Does anyone think I should start a new thread about the stuff we are mostly talking about here, which has strayed somewhat from the original topic? ....I mean, someone new coming in looking for that info could get lost pretty fast if they don't start at the very beginning and read through the maze of segwaying posts....and I think at this point we shouldn't be holding out for an agricultural nuclear physicist (I just made that up...don't think that's actually a thang) to drop in and give answers to any loose ends....but then again it is categorized under random ramblings so.....IDK.... let me know if I should (or just stay here until it fizzles out) and if "yes" then what should we call it...how about:
"Tin Foil Hat Club"
or
"The Doomsday Prepper Wanna-Be's"
or
"Let's keep MarGyver distracted until .... BOOOOOM!!!"
:D

Does anyone think I should start a new thread about the stuff we are mostly talking about here, which has strayed somewhat from the original topic? ....I mean, someone new coming in looking for that info could get lost pretty fast if they don't start at the very beginning and read through the maze of segwaying posts....and I think at this point we shouldn't be holding out for an agricultural nuclear physicist (I just made that up...don't think that's actually a thang) to drop in and give answers to any loose ends....but then again it is categorized under random ramblings so.....IDK.... let me know if I should (or just stay here until it fizzles out) and if "yes" then what should we call it...how about:
"Tin Foil Hat Club"
or
"The Doomsday Prepper Wanna-Be's"
or
"Let's keep MarGyver distracted until .... BOOOOOM!!!"
:D
There is such a thing (agricultural nuclear physicist). Remote sensing (satellite "images") can tell by spin of electrons the nitrogen content of soil. Chances of one piping up here...rather slim. This is a "rambling" thread.

As the Beatles said, "Let it be."

@MarGyver7 have you been over to BYC's sister site, sufficientself.com? There might be many things over there to interest you. It's not a conspiracy theory website, just people like us that are self sufficient, or trying to be. Lots of good threads and tips over there. The link is at the bottom of every page. I will say that it doesn't get the traffic that BYC does though, but still a good site

I just brought 2 of my ducks (they are a loving couple) in tonight and put them in our larger hospital box....I noticed the female was walking slow, on her toes and was fluffed up and head hunched down, and her eyes were only half open....so the first thing I did was grab her and check for bumblefoot and all looked good but I brought her in....then I went to get her boyfriend to keep her company and found him in the yard munching on a chunk of styrofoam insulation .....gaaaah.....so maybe she was eating it too(?)....anyway as I was carrying the drake in and I look at his feet and turns out he has bumblefoot on both heals....sigh....we have prickly tumbleweeds everywhere here so we deal with it a lot.
Anyway I popped them into an epsom salt bath to soak for a while and now they'll stay inside until both are doing better. Does anyone know where I can get affordable neoprene poultry shoes to prevent this?....I have a ton of birds but I can't spend a mint on bird booties for them all lol.... I probably just end up making some. :confused:
First things first, can you get photos of their feet, of the bumbles?
If the female is still acting lethargic, can you get photos of her poop? Since they had been eating styrofoam, it may be worth feeding them coconut oil mixed with some activated charcoal, to both help flush it out, and remove anything toxic. Just to be safe. You could mix the mix in with a treat to get them to take it. Ensure they have water. If the female is laying age, does sge have access to oyster shells?

It might be best to start your own thread about this, in the duck section of the forum. Feel free to tag me there, and be sure to include photos of the bumbles :)

ooooOOOOOOooooooh that's right!!! Nice catch NYh....I missed that....perhaps it would be ok to add some kelp tabs to the animals water...haven't tried to do any more research on it yet.
Actually I should ask my Polish friends....they've had livestock for decades and grew up on farms in Poland....they have great husbandry and homeopathic knowledge... and his nickname around here is THE DR....many people go to him for medical attention and he actually cured a boy with flesh eating bacteria on his foot when the Dr he first went to wanted amputate (but I'm sure he could have done that in the worst case scenario too...he's pretty hard core, super brave....is a Polish military vet...and a wealth of knowledge. I actually get a lot of back side intel from him as well through his comrades over there.) One of the first convos I had with him when I first moved onto my husbands homestead was about butchering (which I had never done to anything). He said "eef jou dont haf stoomach to butchah dee aneeemalz jou juz call me ovah....I do fah jou.... iz no probleem...I like!"...I was like "K" 😬 LOL...love those two....couldn't be more blessed than having those two for neighbors.....especially when shizzy hits the fizzy!

@MarGyver7 have you been over to BYC's sister site, sufficientself.com? There might be many things over there to interest you. It's not a conspiracy theory website, just people like us that are self sufficient, or trying to be. Lots of good threads and tips over there. The link is at the bottom of every page. I will say that it doesn't get the traffic that BYC does though, but still a good site
No I haven't! I will check it our....thank you!

Does anyone think I should start a new thread about the stuff we are mostly talking about here, which has strayed somewhat from the original topic? ....I mean, someone new coming in looking for that info could get lost pretty fast if they don't start at the very beginning and read through the maze of segwaying posts....
Me after just finding this thread after losing it for the tenth time :D

First things first, can you get photos of their feet, of the bumbles?
If the female is still acting lethargic, can you get photos of her poop? Since they had been eating styrofoam, it may be worth feeding them coconut oil mixed with some activated charcoal, to both help flush it out, and remove anything toxic. Just to be safe. You could mix the mix in with a treat to get them to take it. Ensure they have water. If the female is laying age, does sge have access to oyster shells?

It might be best to start your own thread about this, in the duck section of the forum. Feel free to tag me there, and be sure to include photos of the bumbles :)
Ok I'll get pics when I have a chance ....just took them out of the epsom salt tubby and put pads soaked in colloidal silver on his boo-boos.... and I let them back outside for now....Her poop looks normal but if I catch her in the act (hard to tell who's is who's unless I do) I will get a pic and also try your charcoal/ccnut oil suggestion....Thanks!

Back
Top Bottom