How wrong is it to plan own 40th Birthday party?

Well...how sad is it that you've birthed 3 children and only had 1 baby shower and your DH has had 3 baby showers at work! I wasn't even invited to any of them! Can you believe that? He was the distraction for my surprise shower for my first child; which was very sweet and wonderful! We had this huge fight after my third one about all his baby showers and how I was never invited to a one! They even called me asking what we needed and never invited me!
My family lives very far away and just sent presents! I'm the organizer in our family too...everyone would forget or do nothing if I wasn't around!

Well if its wrong...then theres 2 of us! I planned my own 40th b-day party for exactly the same reason.I had fun too and of course it was just the way I wanted it to be.....hehehe

I say....plan on!! I have been married 27 years..and NEVER have I had a "party" for my B Day. Heck, DH usually forgets it, my sisters and brother dont call, and even last year, 2 of our 4 kids didnt remember. Hmmmm....this year, the big 45....I think I will plan my own as well....my luck, no one will come...they will be too busy. Oh well...ya just get used to it after a while...I guess.

Not tacky at all - heck I would have put my own name on the invites!
lol.png

I agree with Chelly, I would have made the invites and had on them ...Come help me celebrate the best Birthday of my life or something like that. Flaunt it girl. ditch the lame ducks and make it a new beginning!!!
gig.gif

Back
Top Bottom