How...?

Sounds like she needs a visit to the doctor or ER asap. Even if it's just a reaction to the medication, there could be more stuff going on. I realize she's 104, but sudden altered mental status like this is cause for concern. If she's not showing any sign of improvement, I would call 911 and have them take her to the ER. I'm not a doctor, but as an EMT we see a lot of elderly women with UTI's showing sudden altered mental status. It's something easily taken care of, but often requires hospitalization and could get worse without treatment.
We talked to the Dr. and he said cause the flu is HORRIBLE in our town, so he doesn't want to keep her there. Her HNN is coming again tomorrow, just to see how she's doing. She is only talking in her sleep, but not so much seeing things when she's awake. I'm going to "sleep" in there again tonight. Hopefully, we both will get some rest...

Well besides just telling her perhaps a letter or poem.

My dd wrote a poem for my mom.Made us all cry.She shows that poem to everyone.My mum is having surgery today.We called her before leaving for school,and we all told her how much we love her...and to not let anyone by her if they do not wash their hands,lol.

We all know we will die,but you never know when it will happen.Let people know your love for them each day!

Write something.In the meantime just tell her.Healings for her!

Well besides just telling her perhaps a letter or poem.

My dd wrote a poem for my mom.Made us all cry.She shows that poem to everyone.My mum is having surgery today.We called her before leaving for school,and we all told her how much we love her...and to not let anyone by her if they do not wash their hands,lol.

We all know we will die,but you never know when it will happen.Let people know your love for them each day!

Write something.In the meantime just tell her.Healings for her!
Awww.... I like that idea! That's sweet! I hope your mom does well in surgery! Praying for her! *HUGS*

YAY!!!!!! She's stopped seeing things and having nightmares! No talking in her sleep last night! Not one word! Just snoring! Lol! She's going to the dr however cause she is having a spell with fluid in the lungs. They may just send her straight to a room in the hospital instead of going through the er. I think (personally) that would be best to get her lungs cleared up, and she would have monitoring 24/7 till she gets better...

First off -your great g-ma is beautiful!!!! You are so lucky to have her this long. Cherish every minute with her. if she has any more nightmares they do have medicine to keep you from having dreams--my son has PTSD from being in Afghanistan and the doctors give it to the soldiers alot to use to let them sleep. I would also suggest you tape some conversations with her telling stories about her life if you can - I wish I had with my grandmother--she had some wonderful stories and it would be wonderful to hear her voice again. much love to you and her.....

Last edited:
I hope and pray for her to get better, but when it comes time for her to leave this song might help, also it will help to tell her how you feel about her.....
Aw, thanks, I will listen to it tomorrow when I get on the other computer, mine doesn't have speakers.
First off -your great g-ma is beautiful!!!! You are so lucky to have her this long. Cherish every minute with her. if she has any more nightmares they do have medicine to keep you from having dreams--my son has PTSD from being in Afghanistan and the doctors give it to the soldiers alot to use to let them sleep. I would also suggest you tape some conversations with her telling stories about her life if you can - I wish I had with my grandmother--she had some wonderful stories and it would be wonderful to hear her voice again. much love to you and her.....
Aw, thanks. I have taped some, but I'm planning on doing more when she can talk better. Sorry about your son. *hugs* Aw. I know, I started crying when I heard my g-ma's voice on a tape once. She died when I was 8. We were best friends, and I felt like it wasn't fair, and much more so cause she was sooooo sick (it's a long story of jerk dr.s) so I miss her, and wish I had my camera when I was with her. Thanks again.

Back
Top Bottom