Howdy and thanks for having me!

FrenchLowcountry

In the Brooder
Dec 6, 2022
Just to knock this out:

(1) Are you new to chickens / when did you first get chickens?
Yes! I just got them in August when I finally moved somewhere that was rural enough to have them.

(2) How many chickens do you have right now?

Four-- three girls and one nice cockerel, but he's gotta go soon.

(3) What breeds do you have?

The two older ones are Hoover's Hatchery "easter eggers"-- I guess they are really some kind of cream legbar mix. Nice birds though. The other two are "real" eggers from Meyer.
(4) What are your favorite aspects of raising backyard chickens?

I like fussing over them and letting them roam the yard, though I did have a tragedy where I lost many other birds in October to my neighbor's cairn terrier.

(5) What are some of your other hobbies?

I love my church and the outdoors-- surfing, fishing, etc.

(6) Tell us about your family, your other pets, your occupation, or anything else you'd like to share.

I have one hyperactive dog and work from home!

(7) Bonus: How did you find BYC, how long have you known about BYC, and what made you finally join our awesome community? :D

Googling "how to sex straight run eggers" and reading literally dozens of pages of "what sex is my chick?" threads!

Attachments

• IMG20221206125405.jpg
    IMG20221206125405.jpg
    1.1 MB · Views: 5
Just to knock this out:

Yes! I just got them in August when I finally moved somewhere that was rural enough to have them.

The two older ones are Hoover's Hatchery "easter eggers"-- I guess they are really some kind of cream legbar mix. Nice birds though. The other two are "real" eggers from Meyer.
I like fussing over them and letting them roam the yard, though I did have a tragedy where I lost many other birds in October to my neighbor's cairn terrier.

(6) Tell us about your family, your other pets, your occupation, or anything else you'd like to share.

(7) Bonus: How did you find BYC, how long have you known about BYC, and what made you finally join our awesome community? :D
Googling "how to sex straight run eggers" and reading literally dozens of pages of "what sex is my chick?" threads!
:welcome :jumpy

Just to knock this out:

Welcome to BYC!!

Back
Top Bottom