Howdy Folks

I was looking for plans to build a new coop when I stumbled on this site. I have been raising chickens, ..well let me count I'm 63 and I have been around them ever since I can remember. But I started my own flock back when hens still had teeth and tails or so it seems, at least my grandchildren think so. I enjoy a day of watching the chickens forage in the yard and I find the just enjoyable to watch. They are often like people because each has their own personality. I have been having lots of predator problems lately, raccoons, opossums, skunks, bob cats, coyotes, and a stray dog. My wife likes to remind me everything likes a chicken dinner and why have something that taste like chicken when they can have real chicken. I have to agree if they were not so good then why when someone ask you what something taste like the fist thing out of most peoples mouth is, "It taste just like chicken." The problem is my chickens are also my pets and I would not have the heart to eat one of my foul friends. We do enjoy the eggs, hen fruit, cackle berries or whatever you happen to call them. Well "I'm lookin' forward to learnin' a few thangs from ye," as we say in SE Oklahoma and maybe I'll be able to help some others.

Welcome to the BYC community! Hope you find the community friendly!
smile.png
D.gif

JSU (Jacksonville State University) and South Carolina are the only two NCAA teams that have gamecocks as mascots. I graduated from JSU many moons ago, severed my time to Uncle Sam over in SE Asia (19 Y/O) and lastly in a Sand Box (55 Y/O). I have found many people all over the world that know of the JSU Gamecocks and Cocky the team mascot.

JSU (Jacksonville State University) and South Carolina are the only two NCAA teams that have gamecocks as mascots. I graduated from JSU many moons ago, severed my time to Uncle Sam over in SE Asia (19 Y/O) and lastly in a Sand Box (55 Y/O). I have found many people all over the world that know of the JSU Gamecocks and Cocky the team mascot.
Cool! Thank you for your service!

Back
Top Bottom