novam

Hatching
May 25, 2024
i had eight 3-day-old baby guineas and i check them nearly every hour, sometimes more than that, and theyve very suddenly gotten sick. One has already passed very quickly. they all have very swollen poopy butts, and when i go to wipe them very gently, it seems to let out a waterfall of poop! so far the 7 live ones seem very active and okay still, but the one that passed went so quickly, im really scared. i went to wipe its butt, because i noticed it was suddenly panting like crazy, and it just passed in my hands. please help me.
im also really scared whatever this is might pass to my baby chickens. they are 3 weeks old and in a separate brooder, but in the same room as i have no where else that will fit their brooders.

i had eight 3-day-old baby guineas and i check them nearly every hour, sometimes more than that, and theyve very suddenly gotten sick. One has already passed very quickly. they all have very swollen poopy butts, and when i go to wipe them very gently, it seems to let out a waterfall of poop! so far the 7 live ones seem very active and okay still, but the one that passed went so quickly, im really scared. i went to wipe its butt, because i noticed it was suddenly panting like crazy, and it just passed in my hands. please help me.
im also really scared whatever this is might pass to my baby chickens. they are 3 weeks old and in a separate brooder, but in the same room as i have no where else that will fit their brooders.
Sounds like they are eating their bedding. What do you have them on?
Are you providing them with appropriated sized grit?

If the poop dries and hardens it will plug them up and it can be only a matter of hours before they die. When their first feed works it's way thru their system this is common. Poopy butt doesn't usually happen after the first week. Make sure the keets are drinking plenty of water and check their bottom often. :old

Back
Top Bottom