Howdy folks!

Tennman59

In the Brooder
Mar 30, 2020
Just joined the group and wanted to introduce myself to you. I am starting a dual purpose flock of Barred Rocks. I was raised on a farm and we had many chicken breeds. I was in the FFA and enjoyed it tremendously. I joined the Navy out of High School (1978), and left the farm. Now 43 years later I am a Service Connected Disabled Veteran who is about to start my own flock of chickens. I have an old 80 year old farm house and I have just refurbished the old chicken coop. I am picking up my supplies and ordering my chicks April 1st. I am so excited! I am also blessed to have found BackYard Chickens and I am looking forward to learning from you and becoming a part of the community. Thanks and God bless you all!

Welcome to Backyard Chickens! 🐔

Feel free to drop in and share your flock

Updates for 2020 with us here in my 2020 flock life thread

https://www.backyardchickens.com/threads/2020-flock-life.1351080/

DC816341-EC11-43C9-BB2B-A3B379BC1D0E.jpeg

It’s nice to meet you!

Hello and welcome to BYC! :frow Glad you joined.
Congratulations on your farmhouse and getting back to chicken keeping. It's great you had the biggest item on the checklist already there and it just needed refurbishing. Good luck with the chicks when they arrive. BTW, consider a brooder plate or momma heat pad instead of heat lamps.

Back
Top Bottom