Howdy from Austin

Quote:
i dont think you will have to worry about your great pyr...we have one got him at 6 months old never seen a chicken before and he guards them very well....just love those dogs!!!
welcome-byc.gif
welcome-byc.gif
welcome-byc.gif
welcome-byc.gif

Thanks for all of the warm welcomes.

Quote:
Scootersmom, I am sure you are right. I have had this guy since he was a year old, but he is my 3rd Pyr. None of them ever had a job to do, other than guarding cats and kids. (Which they have done nicely, even if the 6 pound calico cat doesn't like it.)

Looking forward to actually seeing him in action.

Hey!
I go out to Austin two or three times a year. I have SOOOO much fun!
6th st is a blast, Watching the sun set over the river, THE BATS!!! bazillions of them!
THE WORLDS BEST EVER BBQ BRISKET!!!
I gain 3-4 lb every time I go!

Welcome!!! I have a 6 year old (son) and two buff orpingtons in my mixed flock, in addition to a cousin and his family who live in Austin! We've had chickens for over 10 years but this year we added a lot to our little flock and we're loving it! Your kids will too I'm sure. Just wait till they collect their first home grown eggs and crack them open to see that beautiful yolk. Nothing better.
big_smile.png

Hey Neighbor... Ok... I'm a bit South, but glad there is another Texan in the mix -
cool.png

I have two Opr Buffs named Vivian & Camella. They are the nosy rosies of the 15 we have.

Trust me, you just cannot have 6... They are like potato chips... you can't just have one or six... you'll want a whole yard full!

I'll chime in like everyone else, post if you have questions... but remember to WALK AWAY FROM THE COMPUTER at bed time...
caf.gif

It can become addictive with all that you will learn.

welcome-byc.gif

Yeah, this seems to be an active board.

I am sure that is the understatement of the day! I was gone for 3 hours and there are 10! pages of new posts when I get home.

Back
Top Bottom