Howdy from Cave City

techbsmith

Chicken Hoarder
Mar 3, 2018
Glasgow, KY
Howdy All,

Just started with a flock of lovely pullet's today. I've have 5 lovely ladies to include a Rhode Island Red named Henrietta, an Easter Egg named Esther, a Golden Comet named Haley, a Silver Laced Wyandotte named Lacey, and a Buff Orpington named Goldie. All made it into their new home/coop nicely and everyone is foraging, eating, drinking, and of course pooping :)

I was actually a bit surprised at how calm they were and they are already letting me give some rubs and love. The Easter Egg is 6 months old and the rest of the girls are 5 months old - I can't even begin to say how much I love having them in the back yard. I've wanted chickens for ages - I figure, I'm 48 .. why not!

Anyway - I've really enjoyed using this site to research breeds, and ideas. You folks are awesome!

Peace, love and turnip greens -

Bill

Thanks for the welcome! Here are a few quick photo's of the girls :)
IMG_0866.JPG
IMG_1299.JPG
IMG_1982.JPG
IMG_2668.JPG

G’Day from down under Bill :frow Welcome and Congratulations! :clap

Your girls are adorable!

I do hope you enjoy being a BYC member. There are lots of friendly and very helpful folks here so not only is it overflowing with useful information it is also a great place to make friends and have some fun.

BYC has a Learning Centre and also Topic of the Week discussions which I have found to be a great resource, informative and sometimes entertaining; so definitely worth checking out.

If you would like to share more Pictures and Stories of your flock, you have come to the right place. BYC’ers never tire of these and do not back away slowly or commence eye rolling when the photo album or home videos come out ;)

Back
Top Bottom