Howdy from Louisiana!

Borglord

Chirping
Nov 3, 2018
Louisiana
Hello everyone, new guy here. Well, new to the page, not chickens. I grew up raising chickens for shows, meat, eggs pets, pretty much anything. And after a decade of not having any poultry, I’m finally looking to get some Coturnix Quail.

These birds will fill the hole I’ve currently got for chickens, because my town doesn’t allow backyard chickens within city limits. Something that I hope to start working on changing in the future.

I hope to have some birds by the time you 2 year old can start showing for 4-H Cloverbuds. I’d love to raise my children outside the city on a proper farm, but that’s currently not in the cards.

The little guy is already just like me. I took him fishing before his second birthday, got him a pole for his birthday, and he’s been begging to go every weekend. Hopefully I can get my license and take him before it gets too cold.

The one thing I hope to do with these birds is become more self sufficient. Less money spent on sub-par eggs, and more variety in the fridge/freezer.

I’ve already started a Black Soldier Fly composting system in order to supplement their food. And of course my son always wants to “go see the worms.”

I look forward to learning from the forum and hopefully I’ll be able to recall information that may help others.

Hello and welcome to BYC - thanks for joining us. Here's a link to the quail forum - Quail

There's a thread on fishing, so do check that out. This is a useful link of BYC guides to take a look at announcements-feedback-issues-guides.3 I’d suggest including your location using the guide in that link, if you have not already done so. You can use this link to contact members in your area - Find your State's thread.

Best wishes

Pork Pie

Bonjour :frowand welcome from France!
full

Back
Top Bottom