Howdy from Missouri

I will just go with the template questions for now.
(1) Are you new to chickens / when did you first get chickens?
I am not new to chicken care, just ownership. My dad has raised chickens since I was a teen where he had both fryers and layers. We had mixed breeds and slaughtered each summer. I currently tend to my neighbors when needed.
(2) How many chickens do you have right now?
Zero, but am currently looking to have about 4 hens.
(3) What breeds do you have?
None, would like to have either Barred Rock, Australorp or both based on my research from this site.
(4) What are your favorite aspects of raising backyard chickens?
I was talking with my dad about the amount of bugs we get inside each year, he suggested free ranging chickens to keep the yard clean and maybe even the pasture around the yard. The bonus of course is the eggs.
(5) What are some of your other hobbies?
I repair/restore old cars, build thing, constantly improving on my property.
(6) Tell us about your family, your other pets, your occupation, or anything else you'd like to share.
I am married over 20yrs, 3 kids all grown, with the last one in college. Marine Corps veteran who is semi-retired.
(7) Bonus: How did you find BYC, how long have you known about BYC, and what made you finally join our awesome community? :D
I found the site via search engine when looking for some information, can't remember what, and it claimed this was the most comprehensive site for everything poultry related. Have been reading info on this site for several months, getting ready. While I prefer to just read the info needed, I thought I may post on here also, so I joined.
Thanks for having me, I will attempt to research on here before asking the often repeated questions.
-JEP
Welcome to BYC. We are Very Egg-cited that you joined.
Please look around and make yourself at home.
Read a lot and learn a lot.
We have very knowledgeable people on here.
We love pictures of you flock.

Back
Top Bottom