Howdy from Northern Cali

RedtailAdams

In the Brooder
Jan 16, 2016
Redding California
Hello y'all. Just joined the flock today but have been using this site since I started back up raising birds about 3yrs ago. I use have ducks when I was in high school so I had a bit of knowledge already but this site has been amazing. It seamed every time I "googled" a question I ended up here for the answer in the end....so I just started coming straight here. Lol So hi! I have ducks and chickens now. I built my own incubator and have successfully hatch 1 chicken and 3 ducks. Looking forward to talking with others about all the fun these fowl can be! B-)

Hi and welcome to BYC - glad to have you join us. Hopefully you will learn and also contribute to our community. Congrats on the incubator design lots of threads on incubating so you've come to the right place for sure.

All the best

Ct

Hello y'all. Just joined the flock today but have been using this site since I started back up raising birds about 3yrs ago. I use have ducks when I was in high school so I had a bit of knowledge already but this site has been amazing. It seamed every time I "googled" a question I ended up here for the answer in the end....so I just started coming straight here. Lol So hi! I have ducks and chickens now. I built my own incubator and have successfully hatch 1 chicken and 3 ducks. Looking forward to talking with others about all the fun these fowl can be! B-)

Welcome to BYC! Glad you joined the flock! If you have any questions feel free to ask us. What kind of chickens and ducks do you have? My favorite chicken is the Black Australorp and my favorite duck is the Indian Runner. Also I raise peafowl.

Welcome to Backyard chickens. You may want to join your state thread - I believe California has a few by area. You could put "California threads," in the search box, and it should pop up with those you can pick from or subscribe to all

welcome-byc.gif

Congratulations on a successful hatch! It sounds like you really enjoy your birds. Make yourself at home, join in on the conversations, share pictures, ask questions, etc.

Nice to have you here!

Welcome to BYC! Glad you joined the flock! If you have any questions feel free to ask us. What kind of chickens and ducks do you have? My favorite chicken is the Black Australorp and my favorite duck is the Indian Runner. Also I raise peafowl.
Like said...just getting started again but have worked up to 4 pens. One brooder pen for my youngsters, one pen for my Americuanas, I have 3 females and 1 roo and just hatched 1 of their chicks in Nov, (I came up on two polish sizzle cross' that I'm gonna put in there, should be interesting.) My 3rd pen is for the breeding, (chickens or ducks) and my 4th is the big pen. Everyone is in there. Lol 2 male Piking, 1 male Rouen, 1 female light Rouen, ( just lost her male, he ran that pen, but hatched 2 of their babies) 1 male Muskovy and three females. And chickens I have 1 barred rock, 1 3year old and 3 month old partridge rocks, 1 red sexlinx and my roo is a copper Miran americuana cross. He's cool, all copper Miran but with a big grey beard. Lol

Last edited:

Back
Top Bottom