Howdy from Texas!!!

BenandRox

Hatching
Mar 15, 2016
Hello everyone! My husband and I are new to raising chickens. I am so excited to hear about your chicken experiences. We only have 3 right now, but we are expecting more next month.

Welcome to BYC! I'm in Texas too, near Ft Worth. Also, welcome to the wonderful world of chickens! What breeds have you got?
It's funny, I was just thinking today about how quickly chickens took over my life! We got out very first chicks, 15 red rangers delivered through the mail, just three weeks shy of a year ago. And since then we've learned to process our own chicken, had nine different breeds (plus added turkeys!) and cared for 88 chickens total, we've sold eating eggs, hatching eggs, then got incubators and hatched out little fluffs of our own, learned to candle, sold chicks, treated illness, learned to ferment, grow fodder, farm meal worms, and on and on. I love it and I've learned so much in just a year and I know I've only barely scratched the surface. But if you have any questions, everyone here has always been so helpful.

Hi and welcome to BYC - glad that you have joined us.

The Learning Centre is a great resource, even for experienced chicken keepers - loads of info on anything chicken. https://www.backyardchickens.com/atype/1/Learning_Center

Joining your state thread will put you in contact with other BYC members in your area, which can be very helpful.

(https://www.backyardchickens.com/t/270925/find-your-states-thread)

The members here are amazing - very friendly and helpful, so if you need an answer to a question or simply want some reassurance that what you are doing is ok, then post away - we all help each other out here at BYC.

All the best
CT

Welcome to Backyard chickens, hope you enjoy it as much as we do.
frow.gif

welcome-byc.gif

What breeds of chickens do you have (or are getting)? Feel free to share pictures, stories, ask questions, etc. We're all here to help each other.

Back
Top Bottom