Howdy From Texas . . .

Pics
Wee,

Bingo. Yes, I plan on making some type of tractor assembly for the Coop, and I also plan on building a Run that is light enough to be portable. I really do not want to jam these animals into a small space.

Funny - my barber , an old country, old lady, has about a dozen hens. She sells eggs at her shop. Nice. When I asked her a few questions about keeping laying hens her response was, "Don't piss them off or they will stop laying."

That begged the question, "How do you piss off a chicken". I could clearly see that this conversation was about to get very interesting..

Her response (I will abbreviate...) was, "do not crowd them, do not spook them, keep their coop clean, and most important don't feed them junk. They need a high quality diet to lay eggs, and a better quality diet to lay lots of eggs."

I believe her, so I will continue to do our research.

Many thanks to all who have welcomed us here. Looking forward to some high quality farm eggs!

TWG
She will probably be a treasure trove of knowledge if she doesn't mind you asking questions and you have the time to listen to her advice. This forum is also a bombshell of knowledge and help. I've only been a member for a short time and the people here have helped me tremendously

chicken and egg roll.gif
hello-smiley.gif

Back
Top Bottom