Howdy from Texas!

Drache

Songster
May 1, 2013
Houston, TX
Hey everyone.

My name is Becca. I'm 27, recently married, and I live near Dallas, TX. I'm a veterinary technician with a very long history working around pet animals, especially exotic birds, and I'm known by my friends as "the girl who was born in the wrong century" due to my passion for self-efficiency and knowledge about things like hunting, fishing, gardening, and general "do-it-yourself-ness"!

I live with my husband and our many pets. Together we have a Great Dane, two Cairn Terriers, two indoor cats, 2 Eclectus parrots, 2 ferrets, and a prairie dog appropriately named Tex.

But I must say that chickens will be a new experience for me. I know a bit about the ins and outs of raising young birds, but these have mostly been parrots and exotic pet species who live indoors and are not expected to produce.

I am planning a big move to Houston in August and once we have our own property I want to look into getting a small number of bantams. I'm a little daunted by chicken math, and I still haven't decided which breeds to look into, but I look forward to using BYC to educate myself and give my future hens the best care possible. I appreciate you all in advance for your advice and support!

-Becca

welcome-byc.gif

Back
Top Bottom