Howdy from TN/KY - guinea & turkey folk here

TruCrimeAuthor

In the Brooder
May 9, 2015
Bowling Green KY
Hi all, I am sl-owly learning my way around and am finding some great info on this site.

My partner and I live on a small farm on the KY/TN border. We have at this count: 2 horses, 2 cats, 2 dogs, 2 snakes (in cages inside of course), 5 turkeys, and 1 little lonesome guinea.

I am an author and work out of the home, which I love, because I get to be around our "kids." All of our animals are rescues except the birds. My hobbies are horseback riding and voulnteer work with missing/murdered; I also do volunteer work with animal rescue.

I am just now learning about backyard - kept fowl and am sticking to turkey and guinea. We had a flock of guinea 2 years ago, but we also had a neighbor who would not control his dogs ... end of saga. Now that the neighbors moved, we are trying it again. We have 7 acres (some fenced).

I never thought I would love farm life! I am from south Texas / suburbia and love the city.

Would love any and all help on raising & keeping happy, healthy turkey and guinea.

J

silkiecuddles

FortheLoveofSilkies
Mar 1, 2015
Florida
Hi, welcome to BYC! Please feel free to ask anything!!

I've never raised turkeys, but I have had a few guineas. They are great at pest-control, but the males are extremely noisy and they are all very adventurous, causing many to be hit by cars.

drumstick diva

Still crazy after all these years.
Premium Feather Member
11 Years
Aug 26, 2009
Out to pasture
welcome-byc.gif

Top Bottom