Howdy from TX...new member here...

Hello and Welcome from Tennessee!
frow.gif

Dawn

Hey there, you are really not too far from me. I am in Harwood right off I-10. I have been to Sealy a few times. I will be going through there to get to Hempsted very soon.

I prefer the full sized chickens too.

Welcome!

Ingrid

Howdy TXMom... Welcome to the site! I've found tons of helpful info on here for me a "Chicken Newbie". We're located up I-45 in Huntsville, TX from you. We too are fairly new to the wonderful world of chickens. We got our first batch of layers this past June 08. At first my wife was against it (thought they might bring snakes out)... but now she gets as excited as I do when we go collect eggs. We have 10 acres for our chickens to roam and a Great Pyrenees dog (Samson) that watches out for our flock. I have a great wife Terri, 2 boys (Drew 9 & Luke 7), 2 White Leghorns, 5 Production Reds, 1 Red Star, 1 Dominique Roo, 4 Dom Hens, 1 Black Astralorp, 2 Light Brahmas, 1 Barred Plym. Rock, 1 Partridge Wyndotte, 3 Buff Orpington Roos, 12 Buff Orpingtons, 3 Pekin ducks and 4 Lavender Guineas. My boys are starting to sell the eggs and enjoying having Let me know how your Ideal 236's turn out. I've been very please with the quality of Ideal's birds so far! If we can help let us know. Have fun.

Paul

Howdy TXMOM!
frow.gif
I am just south of you between Hallettsville and Victoria. I pass through Sealy all the time on my trips to Houston. Ideal is pretty close to us all around here. They ship fast also if you don't want to drive and pick up. We have an Ideal 236 and she is a hoot. Not one to beg to pick her up, but comical and always up to something. She will come up and eat out of your hand also. I would say she is better than a leghorn and lays just the same size as our leghorn.

Enjoy this site. It is packed FULL of information and some really good TX people also.

welcome-byc.gif

Back
Top Bottom