Howdy! Loving the community, I didn't know how little I knew!

roaddevil

In the Brooder
Aug 5, 2018
Michigan
Being a bit lazy and following the suggested questions below. Definitely learning more everyday, but I love having chickens again! Had them growing up and I will tell you we did not do anything like what I read on here! But safety in numbers and I didn't take pride in their care as I do now. Looking forward to my first eggs in a month or so! Wanting to do my best to keep my girls happy, totally feel like a weirdo saying that but thats how I feel; so eff it! Lol

(1) Are you new to chickens / when did you first get chickens?
Back after many years away
(2) How many chickens do you have right now?
6 - Had 8 and lost two to hawks. Have built an enclosure now!
(3) What breeds do you have?
3 Black Sex Links (my fave, so purty), 2 Rhode Island Reds and down to one small Barred Rock. Give her extra care as she is beat up a lot and her buddy was carried off.
(4) What are your favorite aspects of raising backyard chickens?
They love me! Well, they love when I give them treats, but whateva.
(5) What are some of your other hobbies?
Nothing farming related at all! Antique cars, motorcycles, beer and music. Well, I guess those things could be farm related after all....
(6) Tell us about your family, your other pets, your occupation, or anything else you'd like to share.
Not much, mostly a traveling fool but I love having chickens again.
(7) Bonus: How did you find BYC, how long have you known about BYC, and what made you finally join our awesome community?
Wanting to learn more to do my gals rights. I want happy chickens laying me lots of eggs and eating all the bugs in my yard.

Welcome to Backyard Chickens! We are glad you joined the flock!:welcome BYC is a helpful site providing all the information you need to know about poultry! There is always space for more members on the BYC roost!:highfive: Chickens are very entertaining creatures! Hope you enjoy it here as much as we all do!

Back
Top Bottom